Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Echo lets you easily create IEPs/PNPs for individual users. This content is visible in a read-only form to the users' teachers, but not available to students. Formerly, this kind of content was managed through File Notes; all File Notes have been translated into IEPs.
Admins create IEPs/PNPs
Access the User tool by selecting from the main navigation menu on the left.
- Open the Users tool.
- Select the desired student.
Click Edit in the toolbar.
Scroll to the Individualized Education Program (IEP) section and:
- Use the rich text editor to record specific notes about the user. Remember that admins can access and edit the notes, and the user's teacher can access a read-only version.
- Check the box if you want to Ignore time limit on assessments for this user.
- Check the box if you want to Limit number of options on multiple-choice questions and enter the desired number.
Teachers can access IEPs/PNPs
Once IEPs/PNPs are created for a user, an IEP (flag) icon appears in various places of the Teacher app.
- From the Peoples tool, there is a indicator flag next to the students name
- When a teacher selects that student to access their Student screen, the View Accommodations appears under the students name. Teachers can click on the title and access the read-only IEP.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.