Find and adjust gradebook settings for all courses under "course settings" within the course editor tool.
From here one can enable:
- Gradebook options
- Multi-outcome scoring
- Grading categories
- Objective mastery
- Grade scales
From the homepage click on the "editor" icon located on the course that needs the gradebook set up.
Click the "tools" icon located in the top toolbar.
From the drop down menu select "course settings".
This page allows for access to all gradebook settings.
Within "gradebook options" choose the:
- Passing score
- Grade scale
- Course grade view
Within "multi-outcome scoring" select:
- Color of outcome
- Weight of outcome
- Percent of outcome
- Delete an outcome
- Add an outcome
Note: Double-check your activities if deleting an outcome, as deleting an outcome assigned to activities will affect the gradebook and scores.
Within "grade categories" select:
- Categories to include in final grade
- Categories to exclude in final grade
Note: If using Multi-outcome scoring, leave this category blank, or delete the "exclude" category and only use the "include" category.
Within "objective mastery" select:
- Objective mastery threshold
- Grade scale
- Minimum number of questions for a formative assessment
- Minimum score able to receive on a formative assessment
- Minimum number of questions on a remediation assessment
- Minimum score able to be received on a remediation assessment
Within "grade scales":
- Adjust the different grading scales needed for this course
- Delete grading scales that are not needed
- Add custom grading scales
See this article for more information on how to set up grade scales.
Now the course gradebook has been set up. Select "save" located in the top toolbar.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.