What is an Embed Code?
An Embed code is a block of HTML which is embedded in the page-source. It needs to be obtained from a site already hosting whatever is being embedded, because the Embed code points back to that site.
How do I add an embed code to my course?
To add an Embed code, enter a course through the Editor tool.
Click +Add activity.
Select Embed code.
When adding an Embed code activity:
- Give the activity a title.
- Enter or paste in the Embed code (HTML) obtained from another website.
- Click OK.
Now the Embed code activity shows within the Editor tool of your course.
There are more settings that can be adjusted within this activity.
To begin adjusting these settings, click the Editor icon located next to the Embed code activity.
Within the Embed code activity there are 3 tabs:
Within the Activity tab:
1. Add a thumbnail for the activity.
2. The Embed code you added is automatically selected as a course resource.
3. Add activity instructions if there are any.
4. Add attachments that students might need to go with the Embed code.
5. Select a specific group of students to assign the activity to if needed.
NOTE: Student groups must be set up before assigning this activity to a specific group of students.
Within the Settings tab you can adjust the following settings:
- Activity settings
- Gradebook and submission
- Visibility and access
- Objective mastery
- Advanced activity options
- Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting.
- Gradebook settings are usually not enabled for an Embed Code as they are usually used as a course resource or paired with another assignment.
Within the History tab a teacher can see when students have accessed the Embed code or when changes have been made to it.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.