What is a YouTube video?
YouTube is an American video-sharing website. A YouTube video is designed to allow users to watch and view on YouTube's website.
How do I add a YouTube video to my course?
To add a YouTube video, enter a course through the Editor tool.
Click +Add Activity.
Select YouTube video.
When adding a YouTube video activity:
- Give the activity a title.
- Enter or paste in the YouTube video URL.
- Click OK.
Now the YouTube video activity shows within the Editor tool of your course.
There are more settings that can be adjusted within this activity.
To begin adjusting these settings, click the Editor icon located next to the YouTube video.
Within the YouTube video there are 3 tabs:
Within the Activity Tab:
1. Add a thumbnail for the activity.
2. The YouTube video you added is automatically selected as a rich-text.
3. Add activity instructions if there are any.
4. Add attachments that students might need to go with the YouTube video.
5. Select a specific group of students to assign the activity to if needed.
NOTE: Student groups must be set up before assigning this activity to a specific group of students.
Within the Settings tab you can adjust the following settings:
- Activity settings
- Gradebook and submission
- Visibility and access
- Objective mastery
- Advanced activity options
- Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting.
- Gradebook settings are usually not enabled for a YouTube video as they are usually used as a course resource or paired with another assignment.
Within the History tab a teacher can see when students have accessed the YouTube video when changes have been made to it.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.