What is a YouTube video?
YouTube is an American video-sharing website. A YouTube video is a video that was designed to allow users to watch and view on YouTube's website.
How do I add a YouTube video to my course?
From the homepage, click the "Editor" icon located on the course that needs a YouTube video added to it.
Click the "+Add to..." link.
Click "YouTube video".
When adding a "YouTube video" there are 2 fields that need to be filled in.
- Actiity Title
- Enter, or paste a YouTube video URL or ID
Once filled in click "OK".
Now the YouTube video shows within the "Editor tool" of the course.
There are more settings that can be adjusted within this activity.
To begin adjusting these settings click the "Editor" icon located next to the "YouTube" activity.
Within the "Editor tool" for this activity there are 6 tabs where one can adjust different settings.
Within the "Activity Tab":
- Title will show up because it was added with YouTube video in the previous step
- Content shows the YouTube video added in the previous step
- Add attachments that students might need to go with the YouTube video
- Add instructor notes to students
- Select a specific group of students to assign the activity to
Note: Student groups must be set up before assigning this activity to a specific group of students.
Within the "Data" tab add a thumbail (automatically added for a YouTube video), Metadata description or CRA and IAKT activities.
WIthin the "Objectives" tab select objectives that align with the YouTube video.
Note: Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting for a YouTube video.
Within the Gradebook tab select:
- Enable gradebook settings (if desired)
- Due date
Note: Gradebook settings are usually not enabled for a YouTube video. YouTube videoes are usually used to pair with another activity or to simply be viewed.
1. Within the "Gradable" category select:
- "Include" from the "Category" drop down menu
- The learning outcomes and their weight for this activity
- Enable student dropbox
- Choose groups of students to view the YouTube video
- A passing score
- Minumum points possible
- If the score from this YouTube video: will have visibility restricted by date, can be dropped, will be included in final grade, requires a passing score for course credit, if an unscored assessment will be a zero.
2. Within the "Due Date" category select:
- A due date and time
- Allow late sumbissions if desired
Once the YouTube video has been accessed, history will show up in the "History" tab.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.