What is a rich-text activity?
A rich-text activity is one where you simply type text into a box giving your students a task to complete. What you type is what your students will see.
How do I add a rich-text activity to my course?
From the homepage, click the "Editor" icon located on the course that needs a rich-text activity added to it.
Click the "+Add to..." link.
Click "Rich-Text Activity".
When adding a rich-text activity there are 2 fields to be filed in:
- Activity title
- Content (what students will see)
Once filled in click "OK".
Now the rich-text activity shows within the "Editor tool" of the course.
There are more settings that can be adjusted within this activity.
To begin adjusting these settings click the "Editor" icon located next to the "rich-text" activity.
Within the "Editor tool" for this activity there are 6 tabs where one can adjust different settings.
Within the "Activity Tab":
- Title will show up because it was added with the rich-text activity in the previous step
- Content will show up because it was added in the previous step.
- Add attachments that students might need to go with rich-text activity
- Add instructor notes to students
- Select a specific group of students to assign the activity to
Note: Student groups must be set up before assigning this activity to a specific group of students.
Within the "Data" tab add a thumbail, Metadata description or CRA and IAKT activities.
WIthin the "Objectives" tab select objectives that align with the rich-text activity.
Note: Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting for a rich-text activity.
Within the Gradebook tab select:
- Enable gradebook settings (if desired)
- Due date
1. Within the "Gradable" category select:
- "Include" from the "Category" drop down menu
- The learning outcomes and their weight for this activity
- Enable student dropbox
- Choose groups of students to view the rich-text activity
- A passing score
- Minumum points possible
- If the score from this rich-text activity: will have visibility restricted by date, can be dropped, will be included in final grade, requires a passing score for course credit, if an unscored assessment will be a zero.
2. Within the "Due Date" category select:
- A due date and time
- Allow late sumbissions if desired
Once the rich-text activity has been accessed, history will show up in the "History" tab.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.