What is a rich-text activity?
A rich-text activity is a blank canvas where a teacher can create anything their students need.
How do I add a rich-text activity to my course?
To add a rich-text, enter a course through the Editor tool.
Click +Add activity.
Click rich-text activity.
When adding a rich-text activity:
- Give the activity a title.
- Create the content.
- Click OK.
Now the rich-text activity shows within the Editor tool of your course.
There are more settings that can be adjusted within this activity.
To begin adjusting these settings, click the Editor icon located next to the rich-text activity.
Within the editor tool for this activity there are 3 tabs where one can adjust different settings.
Within the Activity Tab:
1. Add a thumbnail for the activity.
2. The rich-text activity you added is automatically selected as rich-text.
3. Add activity instructions if there are any.
4. Add attachments that students might need to go with the rich-text.
5. Select a specific group of students to assign the activity to if needed.
NOTE: Student groups must be set up before assigning this activity to a specific group of students.
Within the Settings tab you can adjust the following settings:
- Activity settings
- Gradebook and submission
- Visibility and access
- Objective mastery
- Advanced activity options
- Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting.
- Gradebook settings are usually not enabled for a rich-text activity as they are usually used as a course resource or paired with another assignment.
Within the History tab a teacher can see when students have accessed the rich-text activity or when changes have been made to it.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.