What is a peer assessment?
A peer assessment is an activity used to allow students to evaluate classmates' performance using a rubric provided by the teacher.
How do I add a peer assessment to my course?
From the homepage, click the editor icon located on the course that needs a peer assessment added to it.
Click the +add to... link.
Click peer assessment.
Within the activity tab:
- Give the activity a title
- Add needed content and/or activity instructions
- Add needed attachments
Within the settings tab locate the peer assessment settings panel.
Within the peer assessment settings panel:
- Decide if students will be allowed to self assess, if students will be required to add comments and, or to hide student feedback.
- Select either let students self group or assign to course groups.
- Click add rubric to either select an NTN rubric or to create a rubric for students to assess against.
NOTE: If assigning a peer assessment to course groups, groups must be set up prior to creating this assignment. Click here to learn more about creating course groups.
Click add rubric.
From the drop down, select either an empty rubric or an existing NTN rubric.
Students will use this rubric to score their peers.
Once a rubric is either created or selected, click add.
The rubric chosen will open.
Adjust the rows, columns, points, and/or content if necessary.
When finished, click save.
If needed, the rubric can now be edited or deleted from the peer assessment settings panel.
Adjust other settings for this activity. When the finished click save in the upper right hand corner.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.