What are practice questions?
Practice Questions are gradable, question-based activities that use questions you create and/or link to question banks. This activity is similar to assessments, but, unlike assessments, students can submit, review, and retake each question at a time. For instant feedback, this activity should only contain automatically graded questions.
How do I add practice questions to my course?
From the homepage, click the "Editor" icon located on the course that needs practice questions added to it.
Click the "+Add to..." link.
Click "Practice Questions".
When creating "Practice Questions" there are 8 tabs where one can adjust different settings.
- Practice Questios Settings
Within the "Activity Tab":
- Give the practice questions a title
- Add content such as instructions, an image or a video for students to view prior to starting the practice questions
- Add attachments that students might need to complete the practice questions
- Enable a calculator if needed
- Add companion materials if needed
- Add instructor notes to students
- Select a specific group of students to assign the practice questions to
Note: Student groups must be set up if assigning practice questions to a specific set of students before creating the practice questions.
Within the "Questions" tab, begin adding questions by clicking "+New quesiton" or "Link quesiton". Click "Link question" if you want to use pre-existing questions in this course.
Click "+New question".
There are 8 types of questions to choose from:
- Fill in the Blank
- Multiple Answer
- Multiple Choice
Select a question type.
Note: Each question can have a different type.
Click in the field next to the first question.
1. Type in the question.
2. Type in possible answers
3. Select the correct answer
Next you can:
- Add feedback for each possible answer
- Delete a possible answer
- Lable the possible answers
- Add question groups
- Attach standards/objectives to the question
Continue to click "+New question" to add questions to the practice question set. Follow the steps above to do so.
Click "Save" when the practice qustion set is complete.
Within the "Data" tab add a thumbail, Metadata description or CRA and IAKT activities.
WIthin the "Objectives" tab select objectives that align with the practice questions.
Note: Objectives must be imported into the course prior to adjusting this setting for the practice questions.
Within the "Gradebook" tab select
- Due date
1. Within the "Gradable" category select:
- "Include" from the "Category" drop down menu
- The learning outcome and its weight for the practice questions
- A passing score
- Minumum points possible
- If the score from these practice questions: will have visibility restricted by date, can be dropped, will be included in final grade, requires a passing score for course credit, if unscored practice questions will be a zero.
2. Within the "Due Date" category select:
- A due date and time
- Allow late sumbissions if desired
Practice Questions Settings
Within the "Practice Questions Settings" tab adjust the following settings:
- Practice Questions (formerly Homework)
- Practice Quesiton Groups
1. Within "Practice Quesitons (fomerly Homework)" decide on the following:
- Allow students to save and continue
- Keep random values constant for all attempts
- Randomize response order
- Default question score
2. Within the "Practice Question Groups" decide on:
- A time limit
- Number of attempts
- Attempt minimum
- Scored attempt
- Display quesiton results
- Display student answers
- Display student question score
- Display correct questions
- Display correct choices
- Display feedback
Once the practice questions have been taken, history for this activity will show up in the "History" tab.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.