Echo's Search tool has been enhanced to not just search for data, but to navigate to any area within Echo. The search and navigation tool is available to Admins, Staff, and Students. However staff and students have a limited access to only enrollments and activities they are assigned to.
- Teachers and Students can jump to enrollments and activities or click on any of the screens listed to jump to them.
- Admins can search by ID, domain name, course name, or user name and jump to the desired screen, or click on any of the screens listed and jump to them.
To use the Search tool
- Press F1 (fn+F1 for Mac users). In the Admin app, you can use the Search (magnifying glass) icon on the toolbar.
- Type the name of the screen/tool/activity you want to jump to and the list is automatically filtered. You can use codes to refine the search.
- Select or click on the screen you want to navigate to.
The Search tool allows you to find users and courses, look up a domain, or find an object using its Echo ID. Select the search type you want from the menu or use the symbols (#, $, %, or @) to identify the kind of search you want to conduct.
TIP: For Echo Admins who manage multiple domains, you can use the "!" as a wild card after the search symbol to expand the search beyond your current domain (i.e. "@!john smith").
Your search results will be displayed in the search window instantly. One you have narrowed your search to display the item you are looking for, select it from the list by clicking on it.
Once you have selected the item, the search tool will give you options for where you want to navigate. You can jump instantly to the item's element by selecting it from the menu of available options.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
Please sign in to leave a comment.