Flashcards are non-gradable activities designed to allow learners to review content and help them commit it to memory.
Teachers and course designers can add text or an image to each side of each card. Learners see the front of the card, and try to remember, imagine, guess, etc, what's on the other side. Flashcard activities are marked complete when a learner has flipped all of the cards in the activity.
Adding Flashcard Activity
- Give the Flashcard resource a title.
- If desired, provide a Thumbnail image to represent the activity.
- In the Content field, provide a short description of the purpose of the flashcards and how students should use them. Students will see this content above the flashcards.
- On the Flashcard panel, set desired display option
- Stack - Displays one card at a time. Student's flip the card and then navigate to the next.
- Grid - Displays all the cards at once. Student can flip any card in any order.
- To add cards, click ADD CARD
- For each side of each card, define the type of data (text, centered image, or full image)
- Text - Enter the text you wish to appear on the card. Text that exceeds the size of the card can be scrolled.
- Centered Image - Upload an image you want centered on the card so it is all shown. You will also need to provide alternative text that describes the image for accessibility purposes.
- Full Card Image - Upload an image you want to take up the card (if the image is not square, it will be cropped). You will also need to provide alternative text that describes the image for accessibility purposes.
- Change the order or delete cards using the More menu (three dots)
The setting tab of the Flashcard activity have the same options for configuration that other Echo resources have. To learn more about activity settings, click here.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.