The Activity Grader allows you to access and edit all student scores for a specific activity using one screen
- Click on the Gradebook Tool
- Click on the Activities Header
Now you have some options
- Grade: This let's you tab down your gradebook and enter scores, this is great for work that isn't submitted in digital format
- Return: You can check the box for just certain scores or you can return the activity to all students
- Stop: Let's you stop accepting submissions for this activity
- Batch: Let's you auto-fill scores, allow retry and excuse students
- Edit: Takes you back to the activity to edit.
You can also click on a student and then click through to the next student.
The right panel allows you to edit the following components of the grade:
- Assign points per SWLO
- Full Credit automatically assigns full points, No Credit assigns zero points, and Clear removes all points.
- Save Draft allows you to save the data you’ve entered without submitting the score, so you can return and edit later.
- Submit Score saves the grade to the Gradebook where the student can see it.
- Excuse removes any requirement for the student to complete the activity; excusing a student from an activity saves an X to the Gradebook for that activity and doesn’t count it when calculating the student’s score. Once selected, Excuse reads Un-excuse; click it to undo the excuse.
- Allow Retry does just that; the student can see that a retry has been permitted, but you may want to send them a message to notify them. Once selected, Allow Retry reads Un-allow Retry; click it to undo the allowance.
- If you’ve designed the activity to require students to successfully complete it before they can continue to other activities, you can use Override Complete to remove that requirement for the student. Once selected, Override Complete reads Un-complete; click it to undo the override.
- You can edit the Feedback and Private Note fields in the same way, but notice that the Feedback is visible to the student and the Private Note is just for you; with these fields, you can enter and style text, add hyperlinks, add images, insert equations, and create and insert template feedback comments to expedite the grading process.
- Create feedback templates to save time grading while still providing thoughtful feedback.
- When adding images with text editors in Echo, you are able to resize the image to best fit your needs.
- When you give an activity a score and choose Save Draft, an orange pushpin appears next to it in various locations.