The Activity Grader allows you to access and edit all student scores for a specific activity
From the homepage, click on the Gradebook icon on the course card where an activity needs to edited. Alternatively, you can also click on an item in the To-Do List from the "Needs Grading" tab in the Main Menu.
1. From the Gradebook page, click on the Activities tab.
2. On the Activities tab, click on the title of an assignment that needs grading.
On the activity page, you can see the status of an assignment for a student, see the grade points assigned and scored, see which students are flagged for IEP, and the class overall grade for the activity.
- A black page icon denotes that a student has completed their submission to the assignment and it needs grading.
- A green checkmark icon denotes that scoring has been completed AND returned to the student.
- An orange pushpin icon denotes that a score has been saved, but not yet returned to the student for their view.
Clicking on a student's name will navigate to the grade editor for the student.
1. Under Content is where the student's submission appears.
2. Enter grades for each outcome. (How do I excuse a student from one outcome?)
- Save Draft - saves the score to the teacher perspective of the gradebook and will be denoted by an orange pushpin icon with the message "score not yet returned to student"
- Submit Score - score will be published to the gradebook and students will see their score immediately
- Excuse - excuses the student from the entire activity
- Allow Retry - allows the student to retry their submission to the assignment
- Override Complete - If the activity was designed to require students to successfully complete it before they can continue to other activities, you can use Override Complete to remove that requirement for the student. Once selected, Override Complete reads Un-complete; click it to undo the override
- Feedback (Visible to Student) - expand the arrow in this section to write visible feedback to the student
- Private Note (Not Visible to Student) - expand the arrow in this section to write a hidden note
Once this page is saved, the page will automatically load to the next student in the activity list to be graded.
Quickly enter grades for multiple students in an activity by enabling quick-edit grading.
Click on the "enable quick-edit grading" button (lightning icon) at the top of the activity grading page.
Now it's possible to enter multiple scores for multiple students at once. Click Save to save a draft of the scores, or click Submit All Scores to immediately publish all scores to the gradebook for students to view.
Batch update scores
Click on the Tools (wrench) icon to bring up the dropdown for additional options when on an activity grading page. Click on Batch Update Scores.
Using batch update, auto-fill or excuse scores for all students.
1. From the dropdown menu, choose which kind of entries will be updated (unscored, scored, or all). Note that if "unscored" is chosen, then any entry that has an existing score will be unaffected by the batch update
2. By default "return score to students" is checked
3. Click OK to confirm
- Create feedback templates to save time grading while still providing thoughtful feedback.
- When adding images with text editors in Echo, you are able to resize the image to best fit your needs.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.