Use the Course Editor to align objectives
To complete this task, objectives/standards must be created or imported to the course prior.
Aligning each activity with the appropriate objectives allows for tracking of students' competency mastery based on performance and allows for focused interventions.
From the homepage selet the "Editor" icon located on the course that needs activities aligned with objectives.
Create a new activity or select an activity to align objectives with.
Click the "Edit" icon next to that activity.
- Select the "Objectives" tab.
- Select the objectives that need to be aligned with this activity.
- Use the dropdown to limit the displayed objectives to those that are created in the course, to those inherited from the activity's parent folder (if available), or to only the selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Use the "Filter" field to search objectives for words and phrases.
- Use the "Groups" dropdown at the bottom of the editor to make edits to objective alignment for only specified groups.
- Click "Save".
Alternative drag-and-drop approach
From the homepage select the "Editor" icon located on the course that needs activities aligned with objectives.
Expand the left panel by clicking on the "Objectives" tab.
Locate the activity that needs objective(s) aligned to it.
Drag and drop the objectives on top of that activity.
The objective aligned will now show up underneath of the activity.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.