Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
CAUTION: The MOVE command is designed to safely move student information between courses with a shared Master course. If the student must be enrolled into another course that is not a derivative create a new enrollment for that student.|
To move a student from one course to another:
- Open the Users tool from the Main menu and click on the user's User ID.
Open the Enrollments screen and select the Enrollment ID that you want to change.
- Open the vertical menu in the toolbar and select Move Enrollment.
- Enter the new course name or ID in the Move this enrollment to course field.
- Click Move.
When moving a student between courses that are copied from the same master course (even with a Static Copy), submission and grading information remains intact for all activities with matching activity IDs.
Note: When moving a student any activities that DO NOT match will not transfer grades over; teacher will have to manually input grades.
- Blog, Discussion, Journal, and Wiki submission content aren't automatically transferred even with matching activity IDs.
- When moving a student between courses with non-matching activity IDs, the teacher of the original course can export gradebook information for the new course's teacher.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.