From the homepage, click the "Course editor" icon located on the course that needs choice activities added.
Locate the project that needs a choice activity folder. Projects are located under the SYLLABUS or PROJECTS tab within the editor.
Click the "Editor" icon the next to the selected project.
Click on the "Project Settings" tab.
1. Select the box next to the words that say, "Enable student choice for this folder".
2. Enter the number of required choice activites for students to complete.
3. Next steps:
- Select "Allow extra choices" if you would like students to be able to complete more than the required amount of choice activities.
- Select "Allow choices from any folder within the project" if activities students are to complete can be a within any folder in your project.
- Select "Allow choices from Digital Library" if there is content in the library students will have a choice from.
4. Click "Save"
When the project folder is open a "Choice Activities" folder will now appear.
Click on the "Choice Activities" folder. There will be an "+Add to Choice Activities" link.
Click this link to begin adding choice activites to this project.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
|Documentation for Prior Interface|
Student choice activities enable your students to review approved activities and choose to complete the ones that best align with their interests and goals
Student choice activities enable your students to review approved activities and choose to complete the ones that best align with their interests and goals.
- Open the Editor.
- Select the project for which you want to enable student choice activities and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- In the Project Settings tab, check the box labeled Enable student choice for this folder.
- In the field that appears, enter the Number of required choice activities that you want your students to select.
- If you want your students to be able to complete more than the required number of activities, check the Allow extra choices box.
If you want to give students the ability to choose from activities beyond what you add to this Choice Activities folder, check:
- Allow choices from any folder to permit students to choose activities from any Choice Activities folder in the course. This way, you can create a bank of choice activities from which students can select at different points throughout the course.
- Allow choices from Digital Library to permit them to choose activities from the available digital libraries.
- Click Save. A folder titled Choice Activities now appears at the bottom of the selected folder.
The ability to easily allow students to choose where to focus their energy within guidelines is a powerful way to help them learn to take ownership of their own education.
- How do I review and grade student choice activities?
- You can also find this on our YouTube channel. Watch here
- If you provide gradable options in the student choice activities, you can grade them through your To-do List or each student’s Gradebook page.