The image below is of the Teacher App as a user might see it the first time they logged in. There are several icons that allow the users to access Echo's features.
Main Navigation Menu: The three lines in the upper left corner open the main navigation menu that allows for navigation to tools and courses. This icon is sometimes referred to as the "hamburger menu" or "pancakes menu". See below for more information.
Manage Courses Button: The manage course button allows the user to create new courses or hide existing courses from the homepage.
Contextual Help: The help button is knows where the user is in the application and will suggest topics that might answer a question the user has or problem the user is experiencing.
Needs Grading: This icon will display the number of student submissions that are waiting to be scored. Clicking the icon will take the user to a page where the submissions can be scored.
- Announcements: This icon will display the number of unread announcements waiting to be read. Click the icon will take the user to the announcements page.
Once the user has been enrolled as a teacher in courses, the user's workspace contains a course card for each course. Derivative courses (i.e. sections) are placed under each derivative.
The Teacher App is made up of several tools or pages. You can quickly switch to different tools or to a course using the Main Navigation Menu.
Home: The Home tool displays the course cards for any enrollments.
Needs Grading: The Needs Grading tool lists the assignments submitted by students that are waiting to be scored.
Communications: The Communication tool allows teachers to quickly email their students or the parents.
People: The People tool displays all of the students enrolled in the user's course(s) and provides information on their performance.
Clipboard: The Clipboard tool allows teachers to identify individuals or groups to target differentiated activities, award badges, and more.
Community: The Community tool connects you to other Echo users and gives you access to the library of shared projects and curriculum.
- School Browser: The School Browser tool allows school staff to view student grades across all courses, see course agendas from all courses, print progress reports and export grade data.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
|Documentation for Prior Interface|
Open your Main Menu to navigate to any of the following tools:
- Home: Home is Echo's landing page and starting point for navigating the app. It displays current announcements for all courses, the To-do List for all courses, and Course Cards. This tool gives you a good overview of what's happening in all of your current courses.
- Course Activities: Open Course Activities for access to what your students see when they visit your Course Home.
- Gradebook: The Gradebook tool enables you to record and review student progress in many areas. You can review and enter grades with the Gradebook, review your students' objective mastery with Mastery, review student progress in the course with Unit Summary, and access students' personalized activities using For Me.
- Reports: In Reports you can run Gradebook, Student, and Mastery Reports for your courses. These reports provide high-level perspectives on student performance and course effectiveness.
- Communication: Use Communication to post announcements that appear above the To-do List and compose and send messages to individuals and groups.
- Calendar: The Calendar displays due date notifications that are color-coded by course. Select a date or view for a list of activities.
- Students: The Students tool provides at-a-glance access to various student data points in one simple table. Use it to track student progress, create and manage groups, send mail, and invite, add, or drop students.
- Course Editor: Use the Course Editor to create and edit activities and structure the course.
- Clipboard: Use the Clipboard to quickly provide personalized attention to individuals and groups of students. It is always available in the toolbar for ease of use, and you can assign activities, award badges, assign tasks, and message students quickly and easily.
Take advantage of these tools to encourage students to take ownership of their education, foster greater teacher-student communication, and facilitate various education models.