Note: One or more features described in this document may not be enabled in your domain. Contact your Echo Administrator for more information.
Thinking About Standards:
While it is possible to import a complete set of specific standards (including your state standards, common core, NTN outcomes and more) for the course, some of these lists can be very long. Often, state standards are very granular and don't lend themselves to addressing the big themes and concepts of the subject matter. Consider creating and using a set of "Power Standards" to focus assessment and measurement on what is most important.
Import existing standards
Open a course and navigate to the "Course Editor" using the "Left Main Menu". You will see 3 "windows" when you open your Syllabus.
- The first window is your Syllabus page. From here you can create your course content ( projects, assignments, quizzes, etc) and manage your course outcomes ( standards).
- Manage Objectives and badges
- Manage your course content (projects, assignments, documents, quizzes, etc.)
- View items properties and course resources
- Click the Edit button on the Objectives panel on the left side of the window.
Once you click Edit from the above step, it will bring up a new window where you have a choice to Add your own standards or to Import standards from sets preloaded into Echo.
Using the drop down menus, choose the set you would like to import, select a grade level and then your subject area. Use the arrows to left of items to expand the list of standards. When done click Import Selected Standards.
Open a course and navigate to the Course Editor using the Main Menu. From the manage objectives and badges, click Edit.
Click Manually Add An Objective.
Provide an ID for the standard and enter the new standard description.
Once imported or created, you can align these standards with activities to specify course objectives.
- Imported objectives will appear in both the Gradebook tool's Mastery screen and each student's Objective Mastery screen. Objectives created using "Add" are course-specific and appear only in the students' Objective Mastery screens.
- If you need to "Add" standards to your domain via import spreadsheet, Echo Admins can see this article for more information: How do I add Standards Sets to my Domain?
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.