Manage your time and direct your own learning path with self-assigned tasks
Creating and completing self-assigned tasks helps you take control of your own education, expand your understanding of course content, pursue your own interests, and show your teacher that you care about your performance.
To create a task for yourself:
- Select the course for which you want to create your own task from the homepage.
- Click the plus sign that appears in the right hand corner. If you don't see this plus sign, your teacher may not have self-assigned tasks enabled for the course.
- Give the task a title, description, and due date.
- Decide whether you want the completed task sent to your teacher (your teacher can disable this option).
- Click OK.
- You can use this feature to break large projects into smaller tasks with individual deadlines to help you manage your time and stay on task.
- You can access self-assigned tasks and other personalized activities in the For Me section of Gradebook.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.