Manage your time and direct your own learning path with self-assigned tasks
To create a task for yourself:
- Select the course for which you want to create your own task from the Course Chooser in the toolbar.
- Click the plus sign that appears next to the Course Chooser; if you don't see this plus sign, your teacher may not have self-assigned tasks enabled for the course.
- Give the task a title, description, and due date.
- Decide whether you want the completed task sent to your teacher (your teacher can disable this option).
- Click OK.
Creating and completing self-assigned tasks helps you take control of your own education, expand your understanding of course content, pursue your own interests, and show your teacher that you care about your performance.
- You can use this feature to break large projects into smaller tasks with individual deadlines to help you manage your time and stay on task.
- You can access self-assigned tasks and other personalized activities in For Me section of Gradebook.