Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
A user's enrollment allows them access to a course for a specified period of time. Once the enrollment has reached its end date, the enrollment expires.
There are a several ways to edit user enrollments:
- Create a New enrollment
- Edited an existing enrollment in a course (updating dates, status, role,etc)
- Move an enrollment from one course to another (courses must share the same Master)
- Use the bulk update feature to update multiple enrollments in a course.
To access a user's Enrollments screen open the Users tool from the Main Navigation Menu and select the user's User ID. From the users details page click on the Enrollments tab.
Add a New Enrollment
- Click New and provide:
- The course name or ID to search the current domain (required); to broaden your search, check the Search all domains box.
- The desired Role (required). (Teacher-Owner or Student)
- The desired Status (required).
- A Start Date and an End Date for the enrollment.
- Click Save.
Edit user's enrollment in a course
If a user is unable to find a course, most likely their enrollment end date has passed. This means they are no longer enrolled in the course and it has been removed from their homepage.
A course's end date is unrelated to a user's enrollment start/end date in a course. By default, a user's enrollment end date is set to the course end date when they are initially enrolled.
From the Admin app, choose the Course tool and search for the course using the Filter option. Click on the CourseID next to the course title.
From the course detail page, select Enrollments tab and select the enrollment ID of the user that needs to be changed. In most cases this will be the Teacher-Owner that requires access. Click on Edit from the users detail page, and select the appropriate date required for staff access.
Bulk Edit Enrollments
You can also bulk edit multiple enrollments in a course at a time. If you would like to edit all enrollments, click on the very top lefthand side checkbox next to the column headers. This will auto-select all enrollments in the course. If you need to edit only a few users at a time, check the box next to each user's enrollment ID and this will still bulk update the selected individuals.
Click on the Bulk Update button on the righthand side.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu "Field to update." In this case, choose the End Date.
- Click on the Calendar icon and enter a value for the new End Date.
- Check the box to verify you are confirming the change to multiple enrollments.
- Click Update to permanently make the change.
- How do I move a student between courses?
- How do enrollment start and end dates control course access?
- Permissions granted here are applicable only for the specified course.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.