Managing enrollments with Admin app.
A user's enrollment allows them access to a course for a specified period of time. Once the enrollment has reached its end date, the enrollment expires.
There are a several ways to edit user enrollments:
- Create a New enrollment
- Edited an existing enrollment in a course (updating dates, status, role,etc)
- Move an enrollment from one course to another (courses must share the same Master)
- Use the bulk update feature to update multiple enrollments in a course.
- Open the Users tool from the Main Menu.
- Click the user's User ID.
- Select Enrollments from the tabs bar.
Add a New Enrollment
- Click New [plus sign] and provide:
- The course name or ID to search the current domain (required); to broaden your search, check the Search all domains box.
- The desired Role (required). (Teacher-Owner or Student)
- The desired Status (required).
- A Start Date and an End Date for the enrollment.
- Click Save.
Edit user's enrollment in a course
Note: If a user is unable to find a course, most likely their enrollment end date has passed. This means they are no longer enrolled in the course and it has been removed from their homepage.
A course's end date is unrelated to a user's enrollment start/end date in a course. By default, a user's enrollment end date is set to the course end date when they are initially enrolled.
- From the Course detail page, select Enrollments tab.
- Select the Enrollment ID of the user that needs to be changed.
- Click Edit.
Manage existing enrollments
- You can use this screen to manage and import enrollments.
- To delete an enrollment, check its box and click Delete; check multiple boxes to delete more than one at a time.
- To review and restore deleted enrollments, click Restore.
- To add observers to an enrollment, click the Enrollment ID.
- To see a course's enrollment details in the Course tool, click the Course ID.
- To update multiple enrollments' Status (active/inactive), Role, Start Date, or End Date at once, check their boxes and click Bulk Update. These are permanent changes, so be careful.
- To import enrollments using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, click Import and browse to the file on your computer. You can also import enrollments by clicking the ticket (enrollments) icon in the Domain tool's toolbar.
When an enrollment is selected, the History tab allow admins to review changes made to that enrollment.
- Click the View options (when available) to see the old and new values.
- Click Changes to see changed settings.
- Click Details to see current settings.
How do I manage enrollments using the Teacher App.
Teachers are able to manage enrollments in their course, providing they have the appropriate permissions to do so. To add enrollments to a course please see the link provided under Additional articles.
To drop a student
- Open the People tool for the course you want to work with.
- Click Tools in the toolbar.
- Select Manage enrollments.
- If you don't see this in the toolbar, you don't have sufficient permissions.
- If the course has a Master Course, Echo lets you choose to make changes to either the Master or to the course you're working in. Enrollment are not inherited from the Master Courses, nor are students generally enrolled.
- Find the users(s) you want to drop and check the box next to their name(s).
- Click Drop.
- How do I move a student between courses?
- How do enrollment start and end dates control course access?
- How do I enroll students in a course?
- Permissions granted here are applicable only for the specified course.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.