Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
New Tech Network has created a set of Role's for our schools as we believe these would meet all our your needs. However, in some cases schools may need to create very specific role for users to have limited access in Echo. Please note that testing is required to ensure the newly created role meets your needs.
To create a new domain role:
- From the Domain Detail page.
- Select the Roles tabs and click New.
- Provide the new role's:
- Name as you want it to appear for users in the domain (required).
- Type, which filters the permissions listed below according to whether you want to create a Course- or Domain-level role.
- External ID, which is any ID needed to align the role with an external program or application (optional).
- Check the boxes next to the permissions that you want included for the new role. The permissions are divided according to the component for which they give privileges.
- Click Save.
- Roles & Permissions
- How do I manage user domain permissions?
- How do I manage a user's enrollments?
- How do I manage a course's enrollments?
- To delete a role you created, check its box on the Roles screen and click Delete.
- Click Edit in a role's column to make changes; you can only edit a role you created.
- You cannot edit or delete the preexisting Administrator, Owner, Student, or Teacher roles; these roles come from the domain root.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.