Enable agendas for a course
Before creating agendas, they have to be enabled in a course.
On the homepage, click the "Course editor" icon located on the course that needs agendas turned on.
Click the "Tools" icon located on the top toolbar.
Click "Course settings".
1. Select the box next to the words "Use agendas in the course".
2. Click "SAVE" in the upper right hand corner.
Create agendas for your course
On the homepage, click the on the course that needs an agenda.
1. Click the "calendar" icon on the right side of this screen.
2. Select a date for the agenda to appear.
3. Click "Ok" at the bottom of the calendar.
The date chosen is now highlighted. Click the "Edit Agenda" icon next to the word "Agenda".
1. Add rich text for students to see on this day.
2. Click "Save".
Duplicate an Agenda
On the homepage, click the on the course that has an agenda to duplicate.
From the calendar, select a day that has an existing agenda to duplicate.
Next to the word "Agenda", there is a new icon in addition to the editor tool. This is the "Duplicate Agenda" tool.
Click the "Duplicate Agenda" tool.
1. In the pop up screen, select the course(s) where the duplicate agenda will appear.
2. Click "OK".
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
|Documentation for Prior Interface|
Echo lets you easily build daily agendas for you students to follow
Learn about this via video: Echo Agenda Tool: Helping you and your students with time management
To enable agendas:
- Open the Course Editor from the Main Menu.
- Click on Settings on the top Menu Bar
- Check the Use agendas for this course box under Course Options in the right panel.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page, you may have to scroll to see it.
You can create agendas using the Calendar tool and the Activities tool. They behave the same no matter where you create them.
Creating agendas with the Calendar tool
Open your Calendar and select the course you want..
Select the Day or Week view and click the Agenda button that appears under the date for which you want to create the agenda.
Creating agendas with the Activities tool
- Open Activities from the Main Menu to see the course's Home Page.
- Select the date for which you want to create the agenda and click the pencil (edit) icon next to Agenda.
- Use the text editor that opens to compose your agenda and click Save.
Duplicating agendas across courses
You can easily duplicate existing agendas across courses in the same Master/Derivative chain using the Activities tool. This is ideal for teachers with multiple sessions of the same course.
To duplicate agendas-YouTube Video
- Open the Activities tool form the Main Menu
- Select the desired day
- Click the copies (duplicate) icon next to the pencil (edit) icon
3. Check the box next to each course in which you'd like to duplicate the agenda and click OK
- This action overwrites existing agendas in the selected courses.
- If your agenda includes links to activities that aren't found in the selected courses, those links may not work when duplicated.
- Creating agendas is a great way to let students know what's coming up, help them stay on-task during the day, and provide them an additional resource for making up missed days.