Before creating Agendas, make sure Agendas are enabled in your course.
To make sure Agendas are enabled, enter a course through the Editor tool.
Click the Tools icon located on the top toolbar and select, Course settings.
- Select the box next to the words Use agendas in the course.
- Click save in the upper right-hand corner.
If this setting already exist, simply close out of this screen by click the X in the upper left-hand corner.
Create agendas for your course
To access the Agenda tool, enter a course through the Activities tool.
Click the Edit icon in the Agenda field.
Within the rich text editor is where you can add the content of your agenda.
- Link: Add a link from an outside course resource, or to an activity, or resource that exists in your course.
- Image: Add an image to your agenda as part of a template or to support language development.
- YouTube Video: Add a YouTube video within your agenda by pasting in the sharable link. The video will live within the agenda so students won't be directed out of Echo.
- Embed content: If you would like to embed something, like a slide deck, or a Google Doc. you can select embed content and select a website, course resource, Google Doc. or code.
- Equation: If you'd like to post a problem of the day within your agenda, use the equation editor to add it.
- Table: Use tables to format agendas to keep a consistent style from day to day.
Below is an example of an agenda built within Echo.
Duplicate an Agenda
Once an Agenda is created, you can duplicate it to other courses.
To duplicate an Agenda, click the Duplicate agenda icon on a date that has the Agenda you would like to duplicate.
- Select the date you would l like the Agenda to appear for.
- Select the courses you would like the Agenda to appear in.
- Select duplicate.
The duplicated Agendas will now appear in the courses selected on the chosen date.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.