Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Parent/Observer accounts are those with the permissions to "observe" other users. These permissions give the parent or a resource teacher the ability to track the students they are supporting. Manually assign a parent/observer to a student so they can view their courses.
To add an Observed User:
- Open the Users tool from the Main Menu.
- Select the user's User ID.
Select Observed Users.
- Enter the observed user's name or ID.
- Click Save.
From the Student's record, click on Observers and now you see the students parent as the observer. You may also proxy as the parent to further verify and see what the parent views when they login. To proxy see this article in our help center.
- To disable an observed user, go to the parent or resource teacher's record, click on Observed User, select the user and click Remove.
- To import observed users using a tab-delimited or comma-separated file, see this article.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.