Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
What's in the Admin App?
Main Menu: Use the main menu to switch between tools, change to the Teacher or Student App, or switch to another domain.
Domain Tool Tabs: Each tab provides access to various domain elements including user permissions, connections to other domains, domain announcements, and more. Each tab also has various controls for managing each element. Click here to learn more about the Domain Tool Tabs.
Search Tool: The search tools provides easy access to domains, users, courses, and other domain elements. Click here to learn more about the search tool.
Edit Button: Use the "Edit" button to quickly change the domain's name.
Settings (Three Dots): The settings menu provides access to various domain configuration elements.
- Edit Black Out Dates: Set "black out date" to prevent due dates from falling on holidays (for continuous courses only ... click here to learn more about continuous courses).
- Edit Settings: Set a wide variety of domain configuration settings. Click here to learn more about the domain settings panel.
- Import enrollments: Import course enrollments from a .csv file (typically exported from your Student Information System (SIS).
- Import observers: Import parent accounts and associate them with their students.
- Move: Move this domain to another place in the hierarchy.
Set assessment password: Set a password for access to assessments.
Tools of the Admin App
The Admin app is comprised of several tools. The default tool that appears when the Admin app is launched is the "Domain" tool which has several tabs across the top.
- Domain Tool: The Domain tool is the default home for the Admin app. It has several tabs that allow for managing various domain elements and configuring domain settings.
- Users Tool: The Users tool contains a list of the users in your domain.
- Courses Tool: The Courses tool contains a list of courses in your domain.
- Objectives Tool: The Objectives tool allows for importing and managing custom standards. State and other commonly used standards are already imported.
- Reports Tool: The Reporting tool provides access to several usage and mastery reports.
- Communication Tool: The Communication tool allows for the creation of domain announcements.
- Community Tool: A place in Echo that allows member of the Network to connect, collaborate and share.
- NTN Resource Library: NTN Resource Library contains hundreds of documents, templates and guides to support schools
- School Browser Tool: The School Browser Tool allows staff to see student grades in all courses, view course agendas across campus, and export grades for printing or to a .csv file.
- Echo Admin Console Tool: The Echo Admin Console tool has time saving features like user exports and restoring deleted users or courses.
To access each tool, click the three lines in the upper left corner to reveal the Main Navigation Menu.