Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Open the Users tool from the Main Menu to manage users in a domain.
Add new user
To add a user:
- Click New [plus sign] in the toolbar.
Create a new user
Provide the new user's:
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Username which they use to sign in (required).
- Password (Confirm the password again in the field below) (required).
- External ID which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Email to which email composed in Echo is sent (optional).
- Description for any additional info about the user (optional).
- Echo User Type select the user type which can be used in reporting (required).
- Graduation Year for students; helpful for reporting (recommended).
- Special Needs/IEP Yes or No (optional).
Assign a domain role
IMPORTANT: If you have manually created an account, you will need to assign a domain role to the account if they are Staff or Echo Admin.
Click on the User ID link next to the user's name.
Click on the Domain Permissions tab.
Click Grant [plus sign].
Select the role for the user from the dropdown
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.