Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
In order to add a new user to Echo, you will need
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Initial password
- User Type (Staff, Student or Parent)
- Graduation year (Studens accounts only. This allows you to more easily sort students in lists)
Important Note: For staff accounts, you also need to tell Echo what they are allowed to do inside the system by granting them permissions in the domain. Student and parent accounts do not need to be granted permissions.
Adding A New User
To add a user:
- Open the Users tool from the Main Menu to manage users in a domain.
- Click New [plus sign] in the toolbar.
- Provide the new user's:
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Username which they use to sign in (required).
- Password (Confirm the password again in the field below) (required).
- External ID which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Email to which email composed in Echo is sent (optional).
- Description for any additional info about the user (optional).
- Echo User Type select the user type which can be used in reporting (required).
- Graduation Year for students; helpful for reporting (recommended).
- Special Needs/IEP Yes or No (optional).
- Click Save.
Assigning Domain Permission (Staff Accounts Only)
IMPORTANT: If you have manually created an account, you will need to assign a domain role to the account if they are Staff or Echo Admin.
Click on the User ID link next to the user's name.
Click on the Domain Permissions tab.
Click Grant [plus sign].
Select the appropriate role for the user from the dropdown menu. Note that students and parents do not need to be granted permissions in Echo, the default permission are sufficient.
- Staff - Used for nearly all staff accounts including school administrators, teachers, counselors, etc. This permission set allows the user to create courses, enroll students, access the School Browser, and other staff functions.
- Echo Administrator - Use for those individuals responsible for managing user accounts, configuring the domain settings, setting up the Google Suite sync, and other technology support related tasks.
- Administrator - Reserved for NTN staff that manage the Echo platform.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.