Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Open the Users tool from the Main Menu to manage users in a domain.
Create a new user
To create a new user:
- Click the New button from the image above and provide the new user's:
- First Name and Last Name (required).
- Username which they use to sign in (required).
- Password (Confirm the password again in the field below) (required).
- Email to which email composed in Echo is sent (optional).
- External ID which is any ID needed to align the user with an external program or application (optional).
- Description for any additional info about the user (optional).
- Echo User Type select the user type which can be used in reporting (required).
- Graduation Year for students; helpful for reporting (recommended).
- Special Needs/IEP Yes or No (optional).
- Click Save.
Assign a domain role
IMPORTANT: If you have manually created an account, you will need to assign a domain role to the account if they are Staff or Echo Admin.
Click on the User ID link next to the user's name.
Click on the Domain Permissions tab.
Click on the Grant button on the right-hand side.
Choose a domain role. Click Save when done.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.