Use remediation assessments to personalize your students learning path
Create the assessment
To create a remediation assessment:
Align objectives to activities and assessment questions
The second part of setting up a remediation assessment is aligning the targeted objectives with both the assessment questions and the activities that you want included as remediation.
- To make sure the objectives are available in the course review: How do I create and/or import objectives?
- To align the activities that you want used as remediation with objectives: How do I align activities with objectives?
To align assessment questions with objectives:
- Select the desired assessment and click the pencil (edit) icon.
- Select the desired question from the list on the left, and scroll to the Objectives section in the panel on the right.
- Use the dropdown to limit the displayed objectives to those that are created in the Course, to those inherited from the Parent, or to only the Selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the activity.
Configure passing criteria
To configure the passing criteria:
- Open the Editor tool from the Main Menu.
- Open Settings from the toolbar.
- In the Scores tab, under Remediation, specify the Minimum number of questions that need to be aligned with an objective, as well as the overall Minimum score a student can earn on those questions before receiving remediation activity suggestions.
- Click Save.
- For best results, keep your objective alignments simple and specific.