Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Echo Users can only exist in one Domain. If you need to move a user from one domain to another, you can export a user list and import them using the User Tool.
Some reasons a user might be moved:
- A student has been promoted to another NTN school (Middle School to High School)
- A teacher is moving from one school to another within the district
In order to perform this task, your account must exist at the District domain level and have Administrator or Echo Administrator permissions. You will only be able to move users between your Echo School District and the Echo schools within that district. All data associated with the user will stay connected.
Schools using BrightBytes:
BrightBytes Sync will move the user to the new school along with all of their past information. This will occur if the following conditions are met:
- The student ID did not change in the SIS
- The two schools belong in the same district
- The district and the two schools are managed by the Echo-BrightBytes Sync
Before beginning this process, you must export the names being moved.
This action can be done from the Echo Admin Console (Gear icon from the Main Navigation Menu).
- Click the Export Users button.
- Select or deselect the user types if you need to filter the export file, and click Export Data.
Using the attached MoveUsertoDomain.csv file at the bottom of this article, copy and paste the appropriate users from the export file that are being moved to the new domain in Excel.
Save file as a CSV format.
From the current domain go to the User Tool:
- Click Import
- Select the file you just created and import
- Your students and their information are now in their new school domain.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.