Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Using a simple .csv file, users can easily be moved from one domain to another. The file needs just three columns:
- Action - Because existing accounts are going to be modified, the action value is "Edit"
- User Id - The Echo UserID of the account to be moved
- Userspace - The userspace of the destination domain
Note: In order to perform this task, your account must have Echo Admin permissions in both the originating and destination domain. If your account exists in the district domain and has been granted Echo Admin permissions, you also have these permissions in your sub-somains.
Use the following steps to quickly generate an import file using exported user data.
- Export User List - To simplify the creation of the .csv file, start by exporting your domain's users using the Echo Admin Console. This produces a properly formatted .csv file that can quickly edited to use as an import file. For more information on exporting user data, see "How do I export user data?"
- Filter User List - Open the downloaded .csv export. Delete any users you wish to remain in the original domain leaving just the users you want to move.
- Remove Unneeded Columns - Delete all columns except Action, User Id, and Userspace.
- Save file as .csv
- Import Data - Use the import function on the Users tool to update the user accounts to move their home domain. For more information on using the import function, see "How do I import users?"
Schools using Microsoft DataSense to sync Echo and SIS:
BrightBytes Sync will move the user to the new school along with all of their past information. This will occur if the following conditions are met:
- The student ID did not change in the SIS
- The two schools belong in the same district
- The district and the two schools are managed by the Echo-BrightBytes Sync