Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Echo allows you to add and remove the metadata sections associated with items (folders and activities) in the Course Editor tool for the teacher role.
Select Domain settings from the vertical menu.
Select Metadata for activities.
To create a metadata section:
- Click Add at the bottom of the list
- Add a unique Name for the item
- Add a Title - this is what the users will see
- Generally you will choose Rich Text
- Levels - At what level or the folder structure do you want this information to appear? Level One is the first level of folders under the course Folder. Level Two impacts any folders or activities you add to those folders. If you do not specify any folder, all levels are shown
- Item Type - Select from All, Activity or Folder - Where should this information appear?
- Check the box Visible to Student
Teacher App View
After the Metadata fields have been setup, they will be available for the teachers of a course to use.
Select a course, and click on the Course Editor icon
- Select a folder where you want to enter Metadata and click on the Edit icon
- Select Data
- Scroll to the Metadata section
- Click on Edit to bring up the rich text editor for that metadata section
- Select the Groups that will be allowed to see this data (default is all groups)
When a student opens a folder or a project, they will see the data that you entered.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn't match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.