*Integration of these systems must be done before teachers begin creating their courses
Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
Echo can sync user accounts, courses enrollments and grades.
*It is important to note that each SIS has different constraints, some or all features may not be available to your school.
There are currently three paths to integration with Echo.
- Echo currently has the ability to sync data with a schools SIS via BrightBytes, once synced:
- User accounts created in the SIS will be automatically created in Echo.
- Courses created in the SIS will be automatically created in Echo.
- Students enrolled in a course in the SIS will be automatically enrolled in Echo.
- And grade data will be sent back to the SIS via the bi-directional functionality.
- BrightBytes (http://www.brightbytes.net/) enables educators to integrate with their SIS to help with managing complex data including the ability to use bi-directional syncing with your SIS to bring grades over from Echo.
- For further details please see the attached PDF
- Echo is built on a platform with a robust API library, this means many possibilities exist for extracting and posting data to and from Echo. District have the option to build a custom tool tailored to their specific needs and build their own integration tool. These can be simple grade extractions or full blown integrations. If this is something your school/district is interested in, we can connect you with the right people to make sure your solution is successful.
- Data exported from the SIS can be configured in a excel spreadsheet and then imported into Echo
*Note: that many student information systems do not allow external applications to write to their database, so upload grades may not be possible.
A few considerations before syncing:
- Individual Assignment Scores: In most cases, individual assignment data from Echo will not be synced with your SIS. The nature of the Multi-Outcome Scoring gradebook in Echo does not have an equivalent in most SISs. Only the current/final grade will be transferred to the SIS.
- Integrated Courses: Many of our schools integrate courses (two ore more courses combined and treated like a single course). We are currently working on a solution to handle integrated courses that are not reflected in the SIS course list.
- Master/Derivative Course: Many schools who want to take full advantage of Echo’s master and derivative course functionality may not wish to automatically generate courses based on the SIS course list. Users may want to have more flexibility than that approached would allow.
Please Contact Echo Support Team for implementation details: firstname.lastname@example.org