The Editor is your start-to-finish course authoring and content management tool!
The Editor toolbar includes:
- Settings, which allows you to control the course's general setup, appearance, and gradebook and scoring information.
- Course Links, which allows you to provide students with links to important course resources. Students can access these lnks from the Course Links button in the Activities tool bar.
- Find Activity, which allows you to search by activity title or ID. When you find the activity you're looking for, click to jump to it.
- Manage Groups, which allows you to create, edit, and delete group sets.
- Recycle Bin, which allows you to review and restore deleted content.
Editor tool tabs
The Editor tool is divided into six tabs:
- Use Syllabus to structure your course, author, content, and align it with objectives and badges.
- Use Projects to build robust, student-guided projects for project-based learning (PBL).
- Use Weights to define and manage grade weights for activities and categories.
- Use Activity List to review your course structure and preview activities.
- Use Scheduling to review your calendar, create and adjust due dates, and plan your course.
- Use Group Settings to manage existing groups.
Review each in more detail, below.
The Syllabus is made up of three panels:
- The Objectives/Badges panel on the left. Use the arrow to expand and collapse the panel.
- The folder and activity structure in the middle.
- The Properties/Resources panel on the right. Use the arrow to expand and collapse the panel.
With the Objectives tab, you can:
- Filter the displayed objectives.
- Click Edit to add and/or import objectives.
- Review the number of gradable and non-gradable activities are aligned with each displayed objective.
- Drag and drop objectives to folders and activities to align them.
With the Badges tab, you can:
- Add course badges.
- Edit, delete, or view details of existing course badges.
- View domain badge details.
- Drag and drop badges to folders and activities to align them.
Folder and Activity Structure
- Change visibility to Teachers only by clicking on the "eye symbol", it will turn red and a line will appear going through it.
- You must also check visibility for each item using by clicking on the edit button and then checking the settings on the navigation tab
- Edit folders and activities by clicking the pencil (edit) icon.
- Open the side menu to Preview, reorder, Duplicate, or Delete folders and activities. You can also reorder folders and activities by clicking and dragging them to the desired location.
- Add folders and activities to the course.
With the Properties tab, you can select a folder or activity from the center panel, an objective from theObjectives tab, or a badge from the Badges tab and review its properties (Title, Type, metadata, visibility settings, Completion badges, Due dates, Objectives, etc). Click the photo (preview) icon to preview and the side menu to make edits.
The Resources tab allows you to manage course resources (i.e., create new folders; upload new resources; find, preview, download, and delete existing resources).
- Choose resources folders to filter the displayed resources.
- Create a New Folder for resources.
- Upload Resources.
- Filter displayed resources.
- Use the side menu to Download, Preview, or Delete resources. You can also review the resource's History with this menu.
- Drag and drop resources into course folders.
With the Projects tab, you can:
Toggle between a list and tiled view of existing projects.
- Create new projects, for which you provide a Title, Start date, and End date.
- Add content from the Digital Library.
- Convert existing folders into projects, for which you provide the folder, Start date, and End date.
- Sort displayed projects by Title, Start date, and End date by clicking the appropriate column headers.
- Click on displayed project data to edit it with the Properties/Resources panel.
Grading Weights define how much impact that activity’s grade has on the final grade, relative to the other gradable activities in the same category and/or course.
Activity List tab
With the Activity List tab, you can:
- Filtered displayed folders and activities by Title, Type, and/or Location.
- Select multiple folders and/or activities and use Delete Selected in the toolbar.
- Select folders and activities to view their Properties.
- Use the side menu to Edit, Preview, and Delete folders and activities.
Calendar (Scheduler) tab
With the Calendar tab, you can:
- Toggle the left panel between the
- Syllabus View, which shows the folder structure and orders folders and activities according to the order created in the Syllabus tab.
- List View, which lists folders and activities in alphabetical order, doesn't show the folder structure, and allows you to Show All items or only Unscheduled items.
- Choose to show items on the calendar according to:
- Due Date
- Visibility Date
- Grade Release Date
- Drag and drop folders and activities onto dates on the calendar to assign Due Date, Visibility Date, or Grade Release Date, depending on what is selected in the calendar dropdown.
- Select activities displayed in the calendar, Syllabus View, and List View to see their Properties displayed.
- Use the side menus to Edit, Preview, or Delete folders and activities.
Group Settings tab
With the Group Settings tab, you can:
- Filter the displayed folders and activities by Group Set.
- Filter the displayed group set with View By to show:
- Property, which allows you to organize by Visibility or Due Date in the second dropdown.
- Activity, which allows you to organize using folders in your Syllabus in the second dropdown.
- Group, which allows you to organize by groups within the chosen group set in the second dropdown.
- Select a folder or activity to see it's Properties and use the side menus to Edit, Preview, or Delete folders and activities.
- Toggle visibility to students using the eye (visibility) icon.
- Modify due dates where enabled by clicking on them.