Once completed by students, Peer Assessment activities appear in your To-do List; you can also access them using the gradebook.
Any score submitted by peers, or feedback given, will NOT be visible to students until the activity has been reviewed and submitted by the teacher. This is to give the teacher time to see what scores have been given and what type of comments have been made. It will also give the teacher an opportunity to see if the scores and feedback are fair.
To review and grade a peer assessment activity, enter a course through the gradebook.
Select the activities tab and click on the peer assessment activity.
Select a student to begin with.
When reviewing a peer assessment activity, you have access to:
- View the rubric
- Average peer scores for the selected student, which summarizes the student's average scores in each rubric strand, as well as their overall average.
3. Feedback Summary for the selected student, which lists all of the feedback from the selected student's peers organized by the rubric thread.
4. Feedback details for the selected student, which:
- Displays the average score and feedback provided by each reviewer.
- Provides the option to excluded reviewer's scores and feedback from the total average.
- Allows you to click an expand arrow to review the score details and feedback provided by each reviewer.
- Review feedback that the reviewer doesn't want their peers to see, under private note (if provided)
5. Feedback submitted by the selected student, which displays the average scores and feedback the selected student provided for their peers.
Once all feedback and details have been reviewed by the teacher, they can:
- Select apply average score to give the selected student the score they received by their peers.
- select submit score to return the score and the peer feedback to the selected student.
Once the activity has been reviewed and scores have been submitted by the course teacher, students can see their score in their gradebook.
They can see the feedback given by their peers by viewing the activity in the course.
- What is a peer assessment and how do I add one to my course?
- How do I create and edit rubrics in a peer assessment?
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.