Ask students to put items in the correct order. Ordering questions can be added to assessments and homework activities.
Follow the directions, below.
Choose Create Question Set from the Activity Menu
- Enter the question in the first field as you want it displayed to students.
- Enter items you want ordered.
- Indicate the correct Order. Echo automatically populates this to match the entry order; most likely, you will only want to change this if you choose to Maintain response order in Properties (see instructions below).
- If you want to provide feedback for the entire question, use the dropdown to choose from the following types:
- When answer is correct
- When answer is incorrect
- When condition is true; this option allows you to set up conditions beyond the three provided here. It requires you to specify a group and a condition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Enter the desired feedback in the field next to the speech bubble icon.
- Click Add question feedback to create additional feedback.
From the Properties section on the right, you can:
- Indicate how you want the answer option Labels to appear.
- Choose to Maintain response order as you've entered them or to randomize the order of answer options.
- indicate that you want the options to Show as drop down menu.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- (Passage is an Advanced Feature: documentation coming soon. You can leave the field blank without impacting your content.)
- Place the question in a specific Question group.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Find the unique question ID that Echo automatically assigns.
Use the Objectives section to review and align objectives with the question:
- Use the dropdown to limit the displayed objectives to those that are created in the Course, to those inherited from the Parent, or to only the Selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the question. This makes it possible to set up Formative and Remediation assessments.
Continue to fill out the information across the tabs at the top.