Ordering questions ask students to put items in the correct order. Ordering questions can be added to Assessments and Practice Question activity types.
Ordering Question Formats
Echo allows you to set up ordering questions in various ways.
Vertical drag and drop
You can list the options (text and/or media) that need to be put in order vertically under the question. Students can drag and drop the options into the desired place. To use this option, check the Drag and drop box in the Interaction card.
Horizontal drag and drop
You can list the options (text and/or media) that need to be put in order horizontally under the question. Students can drag and drop the options into the desired place. To use this option, check the Drag and drop and Horizontal orientation boxes n the Interaction card.
You can list the options (text and/or media) that need to be put in order vertically under the question. Students can click the up and down arrows next to the options to move them into into the desired place. This is the default option for the question.
Creating Ordering Questions
To add an Ordering question, first enter an Assessment through the Editor tool.
1. Navigate to the Questions tab.
2. Click the + create new question.
From the drop down menu, select Ordering .
- Specify how many points the question is worth
- Enter the question in the first field as you want it displayed to students
- Indicate the correct Order
- Click to add another entry
1. Click Add feedback to create various types of feedback.
2. Choose the feedback type from the dropdown and enter the desired content in the field below. You can choose:
- Feedback for When answer is correct.
- Feedback for When answer is incorrect.
- Feedback that is Always delivered.
- Custom feedback for questions from specific Groups and/or when a specific Condition is met. This option allows you to set up conditions.
To manage the question's Interaction:
- Indicate how you want the answer option Labeled
- Check Maintain response order box to randomize only the order of the answer options
- Check Drag and drop box to allow students to arrange them using drag and drop functions (instead of arrows).
- Check the Horizontal orientation to list the drag and drop options horizontally.
- Check Show inline to have the options show without labels.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question
Add the question to an existing Group with the associated ID, or create a new one. Groups allow you to vary settings for different questions.
Click Choose objective in the Objective mastery panel to review and align the question with objective(s). Once you've clicked it, you can:
Use the score panel to indicate if you want to allow for partial credit, and if so, if you want to automatically round the score. You can also indicate If you want the question to count as extra credit.
With the Variables section you can create a range or list of variables for use in the question.
Check the appropriate box(es) to provide students with one or more of the following calculators to use with this question (Basic, Standard, and/or Scientific).
Click Add material in Companion Material to attach any supplemental documents students need to complete this question. You can do this by pointing to existing resources in the course or uploading new files (PDF's only).
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.