Encourage your students to experiment with multimedia submissions, like video blogs or podcasts
Assign audio/video activities
Your students can easily create and submit short audio/video projects. Because this feature can be disabled by your system admin, you may need to verify that your domain is configured for these submissions. To ensure this feature is enabled, your Echo Admin must verify the setting under domain settings.
To create an activity with audio/video submission:
- When editing the activity, click on the Settings tab.
- Make sure the activity is marked as gradable.
- Under the submission type dropdown, select "Notes only."
- Provide points possible in one or more outcome (generally video/audio submissions go to Oral Communication).
When students access the activity and click on the "+" symbol in the center of the assignment window, the rich text editor provides the option for video and audio recording.
When students click on the icon, a pop-up window will appear for recording, or the option to upload a pre-recorded submission.
Review and grade audio/video activities
When you review audio/video submissions, the audio/video files appear in the Content tab of the grade editor.
- Echo maintains a 50MB upload limit per file.
- We recommend uploading files that are no longer than three minutes in length regardless of the file size.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.