Add Question Set as an Activity
Choose the folder where you want to add the activity
1. Click +Add to <xxxxx>
2. Choose Question Set
- Click on the Activity Tab and Title your Essay Question
- You may choose to allow access to a calculator if appropriate
- Click Add in the Companion Material section to attach any supplemental documents students need to complete this question. You can do this by pointing to existing resources in the course or by uploading new files
- Click on the Questions Tab
- Choose "New question" at the bottom of the page
- Enter the question in the first field as you want it displayed to students.
- Enter all the answer options; check the boxes next to correct answers.
- Create feedback that is specific to answer options by clicking the speech bubble icon and entering feedback in the field that appears below the answer option.
- If you want to provide feedback for the entire question, use the dropdown to choose from the following types:
- When answer is correct
- When answer is incorrect
- When condition is true; this option allows you to set up conditions beyond the three provided here. It requires you to specify a group and a condition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Enter the desired feedback in the field next to the speech bubble icon.
- Click Add question feedback to create additional feedback.
From the Properties section on the right, you can:
- Indicate how you want the answer option Labels to appear.
- Choose to Maintain response order as you've entered them or to randomize the order of answer options.
- indicate that you want the options to Show as drop down menu.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- (Passage is an Advanced Feature: documentation coming soon. You can leave the field blank without impacting your content.)
- Place the question in a specific Question group.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Find the unique question ID that Echo automatically assigns.
Click on the Data Tab
Here you can add a thumbnail for your question set
You can also add CRA and IAKT information
Click on the Objectives Tab
- Use the dropdown to limit the displayed objectives to those that are created in the Course, to those inherited from the Parent, or to only the Selected objectives. Any selected objective remains in the list for all three settings.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the question. This makes it possible to set up F and remediation assessments.
Use the Score section to:
- Set the due date
- Allow late submissions
- Specify how many Points the question is worth.