From a list of possible answers, ask students to identify all that are correct.
Multiple answer questions can be added to Assessment and Practice Questions activity types.
To add a Multiple answer question, first enter an Assessment through the Editor tool.
1. Navigate to the Questions tab.
2. Click the + create new question.
From the drop down menu, select Multiple answer .
- Specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Enter the question as you want it displayed to students.
- Enter the answer options in the fields below. Check the box next to the answer option(s) that are correct.
- Use the answer option side menus to:
- Remove the option
- Add feedback
- Lock the options position in the list
5. Click Add answer to create new answer options.
1. Click Add feedback to create various types of feedback.
2. Choose the feedback type from the dropdown and enter the desired content in the field below. You can choose:
- Feedback for When answer is correct.
- Feedback for When answer is incorrect.
- Feedback that is Always delivered.
- Custom feedback for questions from specific Groups and/or when a specific Condition is met. This option allows you to set up conditions.
To manage the question's Interaction:
- Indicate how you want the answer options labeled.
- Check the Maintain response order box if you want the answer options to always appear as you entered them
- Check Show as drop down menu to make answer options appear as clickable boxes.
- The Show inline box appears if the above box is checked. Check it to make answer options appear in clickable boxes inline with sentences.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- If one or more passages have been included in the activity, you can select one to attach to this question from the Include passage dropdown.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
Add the question to an existing Group with the associated ID, or create a new one. Groups allow you to vary settings for different questions.
Click Choose objective in theObjective mastery panel to review and align the question with objective(s). Once you've clicked it, you can:
- Use the Filter field to search for specific objectives.
- Check the boxes next to objectives to align them with the question. This makes it possible to set up formative and remediation assessments.
Use the score panel to indicate if you want to allow for partial credit, and if so, if you want to automatically round the score. You can also indicate If you want the question to count as extra credit.
With the Variables section you can create a range or list of variables for use in the question.
Check the appropriate box(es) to provide students with one or more of the following calculators to use with this question (Basic, Standard, and/or Scientific).
Click Add material in Companion Material to attach any supplemental documents students need to complete this question. You can do this by pointing to existing resources in the course or uploading new files (PDF's only).
For More multiple answer question features see How do I create a Multiple answer graphic hot spot question?
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
Please sign in to leave a comment.