Matching questions can be added to Assessment and Practice Questions activity types.
To add a matching question, first enter an Assessment through the Editor tool.
1. Navigate to the Questions tab.
2. Click the + create new question.
From the drop down menu, select Matching.
- Specify how many Points the question is worth.
- Enter instructions in the first field.
- Pair your matches as you enter them, so that the value for 1. matches the value for a., 2. matches b., and so forth.
1. Click Add feedback to create various types of feedback.
2. Choose the feedback type from the dropdown and enter the desired content in the field below. You can choose:
- Feedback for When answer is correct.
- Feedback for When answer is incorrect.
- Feedback that is Always delivered.
- Custom feedback for questions from specific Groups and/or when a specific Condition is met. This option allows you to set up conditions.
3. Click and begin typing your feedback.
4. Add more feedback if you'd like.
To manage the question's Interaction:
- Check the Maintain response order box to randomize only the order of the first column (1., 2, etc). Otherwise both column orders are randomized.
- Indicate whether you want the responses to Show as a drop down menu. If so, indicate if you want them to Show inline with the question.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the questions.
- If one or more passages have been included in the activity, you can select one to attach to this question from the include passage dropdown.
- Provide a Custom question definition.
Add the question to an existing Group with the associated ID, or create a new one. Groups allow you to vary settings for different questions.
Click Choose objective in theObjective mastery panel to review and align the question with objective(s). Once you've clicked it, you can:
Use the score panel to indicate if you want to allow for partial credit, and if so, if you want to automatically round the score. You can also indicate If you want the question to count as extra credit.
With the variables section you can create a range or list of variables for use in the question.
Check the appropriate box(es) to provide students with one or more of the following calculators to use with this question (Basic, Standard, and/or Scientific).
Click Add material in Companion Material to attach any supplemental documents students need to complete this question. You can do this by pointing to existing resources in the course or uploading new files (PDF's only).
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.