Ask students to match items correctly. Matching questions can be added to assessments and homework activities.
- Follow the directions, below.
- Enter the question in the first field as you want it displayed to students.
- Pair your matches as you enter them, so that the value for 1. matches the value for a., 2. matches b., and so forth.
- If you want to provide feedback, use the dropdown to choose from the following types:
- When answer is correct
- When answer is incorrect
- When condition is true; this option allows you to set up conditions beyond the three provided here. It requires you to specify a group and a condition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Enter the desired feedback in the field next to the speech bubble icon.
- Click Add question feedback to create additional feedback.
From the Properties section on the right, you can:
- Choose to Maintain response order, which means only the order of the first column (1., 2., etc) is randomized. Otherwise both column orders are randomized.
- indicate that you want the options to Show as drop down menu.
- Check Display workspace to give students a rich text editor where they can record their notes and processes as they work on the question.
- (Passage is an Advanced Feature: documentation coming soon. You can leave the field blank without impacting your content.)
- Place the question in a specific Question group.
- Provide a Custom question definition (contact support for additional assistance).
- Find the unique question ID that Echo automatically assigns.
Continue filling out information for each tab in this activity