Create various types of questions using the Course Editor
1. Add your title
2. Select a calculator option if it applies to your question set
3. Add companion material if students need to read a passage, watch a video etc..
4. Assign to one group or all groups if groups are set up for this activity.
1. Click on the Questions Tab
2. Click "+ New question
- Choose from between eight question types using the question dropdown menu. Review each question type, below.
- Apply basic bold, italic, and/or underline styles to text and insert images or use the equation editor tool
- Choose to edit questions using the default Visual editor or a purely Text editor.
- Preview questions.
- Edit all of the questions using the Text editor.
- Delete and reorder questions using the question list.
Question Type Descriptions
Custom Create questions that don’t fit any of the predefined types. These can range in complexity from simple, formatting overrides of standard questions to complete, custom-question rendering and grading systems hosted on external servers. This is an advanced feature; contact support for more information.
Essay Ask students to answer with an essay. You can provide an example answer and feedback.
Matching Ask students to match items correctly.
Multiple Answer From a list of possible answers, ask students to identify all that are correct.
Multiple Choice From a list of possible answers, ask students to identify the one correct answer.
Ordering Ask students to put items in the correct order.
Passage Ask students to read a passage and answer various questions about it. This is an advanced feature.