Note: This document references views and actions that are only available to Echo Administrators
You can run DLAP commands to retrieve information about all users in a specific domain that have been assigned a Role Type.
Log into DLAP API Console
- Open the DLAP API tool https://gls.agilix.com/CallMethod.aspx
- Log into the DLAP Sandbox using “userspace/username” and your password. Your userspace is the domain URL used to log into Echo
- A successful login will show the Results below with your information
Commands: ListUsers vs. GetEntity
There are many commands that could be used to pull user information from Echo. The full list of commands is available here: https://gls.agilix.com/docs/#!/Command/Index
Here are two examples: GetUser2 and ListUsers.
Note: If you copy & paste the examples below, remember to change the sample IDs to your unique IDs.
GetUser2: This command gets information for a particular user.
- Query-String: cmd=getuser2&userid=id
- Example: cmd=getuser2&userid=44205166
- Note: the number of rows in the result set is limited to 1000. If you have more than 1000 users in your domain, use the ListUsers command.
ListUsers: this command simply lists users within the specified domain. The "show" attribute (e.g., &show=currentanddeleted) can be appended to specify whether to filter results by current users, deleted users or both.
- Query-String: cmd=listusers&domainid=id
- Example: cmd=listusers&domainid=34843835&limit=2000
- Note: The Limit attribute is the maximum number of users to return. The default value is 100. Pass 0 to not limit the number of users to return. A large limit or no limit may cause a slow response time.
A successful request will show all your user data in the Results field.
If you need to save the data, copy all the data in the Results field and then paste the data into a text editor (save as .txt file).
Organizing the Data in Excel
- Browse to the text file that you just saved
- Right-mouse click on the file and select "Open" with
- Select Excel
You should get the Text Import Wizard.
Select Delimited under "Original data type."
- In the Delimiters section, select Tab, Space, and Other with an asterisk in the Other field.
- Check the box for "Treat consecutive delimiters as one."
- Ensure the Text qualifier is set to asterisk. This will format all data into columns
- Select Next
- Select General and then select Finish
Excel will open.
- Add headers
- Remove unnecessary columns
Now you have a file with all the Echo user data.