Note: The Content App and My Library feature are only available to schools that have NTN Content & Community licensing included in their contract with New Tech Network. Contact your school leadership for more information on your school's contract.
The community tool allows NTN members to connect , collaborate, and share across the Network.
- Want to find out what projects other teachers in a common subject area or grade level are doing? Use the discover people feature to find them and check out their courses. It is even possible to bookmark their profile to revisit and/or copy their curriculum to your own course.
- Looking for a group of people to connect with around a similar topic? Use the search groups feature to find one of interest.
- Have a project or activity you'd like to share with others? Learn more about how to share your work with the Network below.
Click here for a brief video overview of the Community Tool.
To jump into the community tool, click on the choose app tool located in the top tool bar and select community.
There are three tabs in the community tool:
The my community tab acts as your personal community dashboard. It is where you can quickly find content, profiles, and groups you have bookmarked. You can also see a list of items you have personally shared with the NTN community.
To learn more about each panel on your my community page, click the links below.
- Bookmarked people: How do I search and bookmark profiles?
- Bookmarked content: How do I discover content, bookmark it, and/or add it to my course?
- Shared content: How do I share content with the New Tech Network community?
- Groups: How do I search for, create, and/or join community groups?
Under the my library tab, are projects and activities that have been saved to your my library from your course or from the community. If you want to share items from your my library with the NTN community, this is the place to do it!
To learn more about my library and sharing items from your my library with the NTN community click the links below.
Items that have been saved to your my library also show up on the right side of the screen when in the course editor of any course you are a teacher in. Easily drag and drop items from your my library into a course.
To learn more about adding items to your my library from the community, click the link below.
The my profile tab allows you to customize your NTN community profile.
First, share your profile with the NTN community. This allows others in the Network to see your profile.
Click include my profile in the community.
Fill out your profile as completely as possible and select save.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
Please sign in to leave a comment.