Want to assign a task to a group and have only ONE member of the group turn it in? Here's how!
A group task is an activity like any other item type in the course, except:
- Only one student from each team needs to submit the work for the team
- Once one student submits the work, the rest of the students see that item as "complete" in their gradebook.
- All students within a group receive the same score on the assignment (although individual grades can be adjusted).
Before designating a task/activity as a group assignment, group sets must be created in the course. See how to create groups here.
1. When editing an activity on the Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom of the Gradebook Settings section and click the checkbox for "this is a group assignment."
2. Click the "student grouping" dropdown to choose the assigned group set.
3. Click "Save" in the top righthand corner when finished.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.