Want to assign a task to a group and have only ONE member of the group turn it in? Here's how!
A group task is an activity like any other item type in the course, except:
- Only one student from each team needs to submit the work for the team
- Once one student submits the work, the rest of the students see that item as "complete" in their gradebook.
- All students receive the same scores on the assignment. You cannot adjust the grade for each group member.
To designate a task/activity as a group assignment you must:
- Have or create a group set with multiple teams
- Open or create a gradable task/activity and navigate to the "Scores" tab
- Scroll down and find the drop down menu item "Student Grouping". Select the group set you would like to use.
- Save and close the editor
Prefer to learn via video? Here you go!