How do I access the NTN 101 for Teacher Onboarding Course?
The NTN 101 for Teacher Onboarding course is designed to be implemented by a school leader, school or district coach, teacher leader, or school trainer with expertise in Project Based Learning and NTN Learning Outcomes. The facilitated version of this course, is designed to help support trainers with onboarding teachers new to NTN and PBL. This version is designed for a full two-day training. The course also has a self-paced option to use, when schools must onboard new staff and do not have the time or staff available for a full facilitated training.
During the training, the course supports facilitators in leading activities for:
- Team building
- Addressing the "why" of PBL and New Tech Outcomes
- A project simulation
- Introducing participants to the NTN Rubrics
- The basics of PBL and Echo implementation
Schools can take advantage of the NTN 101 for Onboarding Teachers course by making their own derivative copy and enrolling their selected staff.
Steps for copying the NTN 101 for Onboarding Teachers course
- Log into Echo's teacher app
- Open the "Manage Course" menu and select "Create Course"
- Select the "Copy Shared Course" tab
- Enter "72485944" for the course ID to find "NTN 101 for Teacher Onboarding Course (click the hamburger menu in this field and be sure to select "all domains")
- Select the option "Updates (Derivative Child Copy)
- Select "Teacher-Owner" as role
- Set the end date for short term or long term, depending on preference
- Optional: Set the course to be continuous so that the course is dropped from the participants workspace after a certain number of days.
- Click the "Create" button
- Enroll the members of staff that need to take the course or use the self-enroll option by generating a registration code.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.