Within an Echo assessment there is a passage question type. This question type allows you to add a passage and associate several questions to it without having to add the passage to each question.
Follow the steps below to set up a passage question within an assessment.
Add a passage to an assessment
Within the "Question" tab of an assessment, click on the + symbol to create a new question.
From the question type drop down menu, select "Passage".
1. Type or paste in the passage students will be answering questions about.
2. Select where the passage will display in relation to the questions.
Associate a question with a passage
The next step will be adding questions and associating them with this passage.
Click on the + symbol to create a new question.
1. Select the type of question.
2. Select the label for possible answers (if choosing multiple choice question type).
3. Select to associate this question with passage 1.
4. Add possible answers and select which answer is correct by clicking the bubble to the left of the correct answer (if choosing multiple choice question type).
Repeat this process for all questions that need to be associated with passage 1. To add a new passage to this assessment, start at the top of this document with adding a passage.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.