Use the People tool to manage student, co-teacher, and other user enrollments in a course.
To add a user
Click the People tool on a course card.
1. Click Tools in the toolbar.
2. Select Manage enrollments.
Click Add in the top toolbar.
- If there are multiple roles available in the course, use the dropdown to indicate which role permissions you want this user to have.
- Search to find a user or click Create a new user. (If you don't see the Create a new user button, you don't have sufficient permissions.) When creating a new user, you are asked to provide:
- The first and last name (required).
- A username (required).
- A password (required).
- An external ID.
- An email address.
- Click Enroll once you've found or created the user.
To drop a user
To back to the People tool in the course you are working in.
- Click Tools in the toolbar.
- Select Manage enrollments.
- Find the user(s) you want to drop and select the box next to their name(s).
- Click drop in the top toolbar.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.