To add a thread to a discussion, enter a course through the activities button.
Locate the discussion within the activities list, to-do list, or by using the search feature.
When you find the discussion select it by clicking on the title.
Clicking on the discussion will open a new window.
Within the discussion, a student can:
- See instructions for the discussion
- See the due date for the discussion
- Add a new thread
- Expand or collapse existing threads
- Edit their own post
- Reply to their peers' posts
- View grade details (if graded by the teacher)
- Navigate to previous or next activities
To create a new discussion thread, click + new thread.
Within the pop up, type the entry in the text box. If needed, add an attachent by clicking choose file. When finished click post.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.