NOTE: This is not sharable to our customers without prior consideration and approval as this process puts a significant load on the servers and therefore should be used judiciously.
The process below describes how to export a course into a common cartridge file. Normally, this would be handled by the school, but NTN or Agilix can provide contracted services to perform the opperation if a list of course IDs is provided ($100 per course). NTN would need to pay Agilix directly and then invoice the school.
It the school elects to download the data themselves, copy the instructions and image below, then paste them into a response to the request.
Exporting course content is not available in through Echo's UI, but can be accomplished by using DLAP. Following this procedure will result in a downloaded .imscc file that can be uploaded into compatible learning management systems.
- This procedure must be conducted on a course by course bases (no global export option)
- The exported course package aligns with the IMS Common Cartridge 1.1 standard.
- It can only export courses that have less than 1GB of resources in the manifest.
- Do not run more than a few exports concurrently. We limit one export to be allowed per API server at a time.
- Open the DLAP API Console
- Log in using an Echo Administrator account (user = "userspace/username" format, password = your Echo password)
- Capture the security token string (the token will expire if not used for several minutes)
- Open a new browser window and paste the following command into the URL field replacing the entityid (course ID number) and the token string captured in step 3.