Article for NTN Staff Only
In 2021, we announced the availability of the Leader In Me curriculum in Echo.
- The courses are stored in a special domain - https://franklincovey.echo-ntn.org/. The domain lives under the Publisher Content domain.
- Franklin Covey staff have a user account in that domain with administrator permissions in order to manage the courses.
- Schools that have contracts with Franklin Covey can be given access to these courses by subscribing the school's domain to the Franklin Covey domain. The subscription must be initiated by NTN staff.
- Franklin Covey uses Buzz to distribute their curriculum and so are familiar with the Buzz platform.
Sections in this article:
Template Language for Promotion
We wanted to let you know that FranklinCovey has published four Leader In Me leadership courses inside Echo. These 4 courses are designed to equip students with key leadership skills -self-discipline, vision, collaboration, empathy, creativity, resilience- they need to adapt and thrive in the future and accomplish their postsecondary goals. The courses are grounded in time-tested FranklinCovey solutions, including 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, the goal-setting and academic achievement methodology of The 4 Disciplines of Execution, the leadership principles of The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership, and more.
If you are already using the Leader In Me framework, you now have easy access to add this content to your Echo courses. If you aren’t, it might be worth exploring the program for your Leadership or Advisory programs, creating school-wide experiences, or to enhance existing projects within the content areas.
To get access to these courses or learn more about the Leader In Me program, contact Heidi Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Subscribing A School
Subscriptions to Franklin Covey content should only be conducted upon request from Franklin Covey. School must have a contract with Franklin Covey to access these materials. To subscribe a school to the Franklin Covey:
- Obtain the school's Domain Id
- Open the Franklin Covey domain - https://franklincovey.echo-ntn.org
- In the Admin Ap, navigate to the Subscribers tab
- Click the + icon in the upper menu bar
- In resulting dialog box, change Subscriber type to Domain
- Enter the school's Domain Id into the Subscriber field
- Enter start and end dates as provided by Franklin Covey
- If this is a district-based subscription, check "Give subdomains course access based on this subscription" option
- Click Create
- Send instructions below to the school
To verify, log into the schools domain and use one of the two methods below to access the content.
Instructions For Accessing The Courses (send to school)
Your school has now been subscribed to the Leader In Me curriculum. This means that anyone logged into your domain has access to the program's courses and materials. Here are the courses available to you:
158904005 - 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
158904068 - Find Your Voice
158904144 - Inspire Others
158904257 - Take Charge
To copy an entire course:
- From the Teacher App's home page, select Create Course under the Manage Courses menu
- Select the Copy Shared Course option in the step one of the copy course dialogue box.
- Enter the course ID or course name of the course you wish to copy
- Complete the other steps as you would normally
- Click Create
To add specific activities to existing courses:
- Open the Course Editor for the course you wish to copy the material into
- Select Add Activity
- Select Library
- Select FranklinCovey Library
- Select the desired course
- Add the desired content to your cart
- When ready, click the cart icon in the upper menu bar and select Copy