Echo User Type
To get the most out of some of Echo's features, it's important to identify user accounts as either staff, student, or parent. This is typically done when the account is created. Here are some common issues that can result if the user type is not properly configured:
- Students will not be listed in the School Browser
- Staff will not be listed in the NTN Member Resources tool and will not have access to NTN's digital resources
- Parent accounts will not be excluded from the total Echo licence count and could result in extra fees being charged.
The steps below describes how to modify an Echo User Type of an existing account. The Echo User Type can also be updated in bulk using a .csv file.
- Use the Users tool to open the desired users account.
- Scroll down the user's account page until you see the Echo User Type field.
- Select the appropriate user type option (Staff, Student, or Parent)
- Scroll back up and click the Save.
The Echo User Type field is used to identify the relationship the user has with the school. It does not grant any permissions in Echo. See How do I grant permissions? to learn how to give teachers and other staff permissions in Echo.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
Please sign in to leave a comment.