Topics covered in this article
- Accessing the NTN Member Resources tool
- About NTN Digital Resources
- Viewing contract and licensing information
- Managing membership licenses
- Editing an existing staff member
- Adding a new staff member
NTN Member Resources Tool
Schools and districts that have contracts with New Tech Network have access to several digital resources. The NTN Member Resources tool in Echo provides links to the resources included in your contract.
To access the NTN Member Resources tool:
- Log into your school's Echo domain.
- Click the main navigation menu (three lines in upper left corner)
- Select NTN Member Resources.
About New Tech Network's Digital Member Resources
Once logged in, members of New Tech Network have access to several digital resources.
School And Classroom Resources:
- NTN Help & Learning Center - Hundreds of articles curated by NTN staff aligned to building a positive culture on campus, designing engaging and meaningful learning experience for students, and more authentically assessing student performance.
- NTN Project Library - A searchable collection of formally vetted and casually shared PBL units.
Training and Support:
- Ask A Coach - For schools that have coaching services included in their contracts, their Network members can submit questions and requests to the NTN coaching team.
- Self Paced Training - Anytime, anywhere targeted professional growth and ongoing refreshment.
- NTN Slack Community - A place where innovative educators can learn, share and collaborate.
- NTN People Finder - Find other educators in the Network and view their active courses.
Note: The rest of this document references views and actions that are only available to users designated as a Membership Manager.
Viewing Licensing Information
If you have been designated as a Membership Manager (typically the school leader or Echo administrator), an additional tab is visible that displays your contract status and allows individuals to be identified as members of New Tech Network and grants them access to the digital resources listed above.
In the Account Details panel on the right, information about your school's contract with NTN is displayed.
- Contract End Date
- Status of Access to NTN Content and Community (digital resources)
- Status of Access to NTN Coaching Services (for Ask A Coach feature)
- Number of Active Membership Licenses assigned to individuals
- Number of NTN Membership Licenses available to assign
- Number of staff and student Echo Licenses (Note: this will be 0 if Echo is not being used for students)
Managing Network Membership
In the main panel of the Member Membership tab, a list of each staff member is provided with a series of switches that allow licenses to be allocated and for individuals to be flagged in certain roles.
- Search for a specific user
- Refresh the list using your current Echo accounts
- Filter the list by role
- Sort the list by clicking on the column headers
- Use the slider switches to adjust membership status and roles
NTN Member - Enabling this switch grants the individual access to the digital services outlined in the contract with NTN. Membership is limited by the number of NTN membership licenses purchased in the contract. Contact your NTN account manager if you need additional licenses.
NTN Member Manager - Enabling this switch give the individual access to the Membership Management tab and grants them permissions to manage membership license allotment.
Echo Administrator - Identifies the individual as an Echo Administrator
Echo Lead - Identifies the individual as and Echo Lead (lead teacher that supports other teachers)
- To immediately sync any changes with NTN's external resources (i.e. NTN Help & Learning Center, NTN Slack Community), click Save Changes.
NOTE: If staff members that have an existing Echo account are not listed on the member management page, it is likely they have not been identified as a staff member. Click here to learn how to flag the user account as a staff member.
NOTE: Membership can only be enabled for an account if there are remaining licenses to allocate. If all of the licenses have been allocated, the option to enable new members will be disabled. Existing membership allocations will have to be disabled in order to add new members.
Edit Existing Staff Member
To edit the first name, last name, or email of an existing user, click on the staff member's name.
Adding New Staff Members
The Membership Management tab also allows new staff member accounts to be added. To add a new staff member:
- Click Create User.
- Enter a Username. This will be used by the user to log into Echo. To make it easy for them to remember, we suggest using the first part of their school email address.
- Enter a First Name and Last Name.
- Enter the school Email address. This address will be used to create their accounts in the NTN Help & Learning Center and NTN Slack Community platforms.
- Enter a Password. Note that this password is for Echo only. Users will create their own passwords for the NTN Help & Learning Center and NTN Slack Community platforms.
- Toggle the User Settings as desired.
- Click Create User.
Echo is constantly being improved based on the feedback from users and we strive to keep our documentation up to date. If this document doesn’t match what you are seeing in Echo, please let us know.
Please sign in to leave a comment.